Contact: fass [at] casg.ca
About the Office of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Coordinators:
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) Coordinators are responsible for organizing, scheduling and facilitating meetings with the departmental and first year FASS representatives. It is the responsibility of the FASS Coordinators to ensure accuracy in the submission of minutes (to the VP Internal), as well as the attendance of its members at Departmental Meetings, Faculty Board Meetings, Faculty Representative Meetings and CASG General Assembly Meetings.
FASS Coordinators must recruit, train and encourage all of its members to actively participate in the Carleton Academic Student Government organization by performing class talks, speaking with departmental societies, administration, faculty and students.
In addition, FASS Coordinators are responsible for meeting with their representatives once a month (i.e. Faculty Representative Meetings). The Faculty Rep Meetings are to be organized in a joint effort by the Coordinators. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): formulating and distributing the agenda in advance, scheduling, room booking, ordering food/refreshments, and keeping track of attendances.
FASS Coordinators are leaders who are passionate for Carleton Academics; the position of Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Coordinator demands well-organized, enthusiastic, intellectual, and hardworking individuals who are capable of facilitating over thirty CASG student representatives.
Departmental Positions under the FASS Coordinators:
- College of the Humanities:
– Greek and Roman Studies
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Department of French
- Department of Geography and Environmental Studies:
– Environmental Studies
- Department of History
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- Institute of African Studies
- Institute of Cognitive Science
- Institute for Comparative Studies in Literature, Art and Culture
- Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies:
– Child Studies
– Directed Interdisciplinary Studies
– Human Rights
– Sexuality Studies
- Pauline Jewett Institute of Womens and Gender Studies
- School of Canadian Studies
- School of Linguistics and Language Studies (SLaLS)
- School for Studies in Art and Culture:
– Art History
– Film Studies
About the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Coordinators: